The Cité internationale des arts
Application submissions are open until November 6, 2022, included.
Submission of applications: Until November 15, 2021, included
- Submission of applications: until 6 November 2022, included
- Selection committee: January 2023
- Notification of results: End of January 2023
- Periods of residency: April 2023 – April 2024
Candidates must necessarily be supported by one or more cultural partners. The associated partner(s) must carry out the application process for the artist.
These partners associated with the artist may be establishments belonging to the French cultural network abroad (Instituts français, Cultural Services of French Embassies, Alliances françaises) and/or French or foreign cultural structures (art centres, associations, multidisciplinary laboratories, galleries, museums, contracting structures, theatres, production locations for dance and street arts, concert halls, foreign festivals, etc. In France, priority will be given to applications submitted by the Ministry of Culture.)
Artists may present a research project on a topic/theme of their choice, within the disciplines mentioned here after:
- Architecture/landscaping/urban planning
- visual arts
- street arts/circus/puppets
- comic arts,
- cinema (fiction, animated cinema, creative documentary)
- exhibition curating/art critic
- digital creation (digital arts, video games, VR)
- literature (fiction, essay, children's literature)
- fashion design
- music (current, classic, contemporary and music for films and video games)
- pluridisciplinary projects
TERMS OF RESIDENCE
The Institut français offers individual residencies and finances the accommodation in studio-apartments, of an approximate area of 40m2, at the Cité internationale des arts, on the site of the Marais, in Paris.
The partner(s) associated with the artist, in France or abroad, must finance the artist's travel, provide a living allowance (700€ per month, minimum) and other expenses (visa, insurance…), and carry out the process of submitting the artist's application.
No allowance for production shall be paid by the Institut français or the Cité internationale des arts.
DURATION OF THE STAY
3 or 6 months
Project Manager / Residencies department
ImageMultidisciplinaryPhotographyCinemaImages in Hauts-de-France
ImageMusicTheatreDanceLes Zébrures d’automne Festival 2022
ImageArchitectureVisual artsPhotographyOpening of the call for applications for the residencies program of the Institut français at the Cité internationale des arts