Updated on 28/07/2022
The Institut français is pleased to announce the list of the first artisans selected for the program “NAFAS, 100 résidences d’artistes libanais en France”, implemented with the support of GALOP (exclusive distributor of Hermès in Lebanon) and the collaboration of the Institut français du Liban.
Galop’s support will be specifically directed towards the establishment of residencies combining creation, production and training, for women and men who possess the ancestral or more recent know-how of Lebanese crafts, known for its richness and diversity but little represented internationally.
The laureates of the program will be hosted in fifteen host structures between May and October 2022 for research and creation residencies in all sectors of crafts. The recipients will join the 80 artists who have benefited from a residency as part of the previous NAFAS schemes in 2020 and 2021.
- Elie Mouhanna (textile creation)
- Christian Sleiman (paper)
- Souraya Haddad (ceramic)
- Nour Mahmoud & Ronnie Kerbage (design)
- Mahmoud Barbour (wickerwork)
- Rana Yazigi (ceramic)
- Adrian Pepe (textile creation)
- Nathalie Khayat (ceramic)
- Saba Sadr (textile creation)
- Hassan Wehbe (metal)
- Nada Zeineh (metal / jewellery)
- Clémence Cottard Hachem (documentation of the gesture)
- Boutros Sawaya (glass)
- Corine Shawi (wood)
- Yasmina Khalife (ceramic)
- Elias Nafaa (design)
POLE CERAMIQUE NORMANDIE (Département de la Seine-Maritime)
- Samar Mougharbel (ceramic)