Another great edition for the Pépites Internationales 2022!
Every year, the Pépites Internationales, in partnership with the Salon du Livre et de la Presse Jeunesse in Seine-Saint-Denis, promotes French-language children's literature to young audiences in the network's establishments and their partners. In 2022, the operation offered participants from some thirty countries the opportunity to discover 16 works of French-language literature in a digital format, supported by educational materials, available on Culturethèque.
Updated on 13/12/2022
With the Pépites Internationales 2022, the Institut français also strengthened its partnership with the Alliance Française de Paris and its cultural mediation team to offer 10 online meetings with 6 authors from the three selections, in order to combine cultural discovery and linguistic learning around literary works for young people selected by the SLPJ and the Institut français and made available to the cultural network. These meetings brought together more than 600 young people from all over the world to exchange freely with the shortlisted authors and illustrators.
In total, more than 400 young people and their teachers were also able to vote for their Pépites Internationales in each of the three categories (illustrated books, children's novels and graphic novels) thanks to the online voting module on Culturethèque... Jeanne Macaigne for her illustrated book "Changer d'Air" published by Les fourmis rouges, Stéphane Servant for his novel "Miettes (...humour décalé)" published by Nathan and "Le Club des Amis 2" by Sophie Guerrive published by Editions 2024 won the most votes from learners around the world! Congratulations to them!
Discover the works selected for the 2023 edition
- Règlobus, Pierre Alexis, La Partie
- On joue à cache-cache?, Léa Viana Ferreira, CotCotCot Éditions
- L’imagier des sens, Anne Crausaz, Askip
- Au début, Ramona Bādescu et Julia Spiers, Les Grandes Personnes
- Hekla et Laki, Marine Schneider, Albin Michel Jeunesse
Junior and young adult fiction
- Maldoror – Tome 1 : Les Enfants de la Légende, Philippe Lechermeier, Flammarion Jeunesse
- Que fait-on quand il pleut ?, Ralph Doumit, ill. Julia Wauters, hélium
- Possession, Moka, l’école des loisirs
- Ils sont venus du froid, Caryl Férey, Éditions Pocket Jeunesse
- Grand Passage, Stéphanie Leclerc, Syros
- Merci pour la tendresse, Myren Duval et Emma Constant, Le Rouergue
- Furieuse, Geoffroy Monde, Mathieu Burniat, Dargaud
- Immonde !, Elizabeth Holleville, Glénat
- L’Ombre des pins, Cécile Dupuis, Valérian Guillaume, Virages graphiques
- Le Poids des héros, David Sala, Casterman
Translation projects for titles selected for the Pépites Internationales programme supported by the French cultural network abroad will also be supported by the Institut français as part of its Publication Assistance Programme.
Most popular within the same topic