Pépites Internationales: the best of French-speaking children's literature
Les Pépites Internationales is an annual event aimed at promoting the French language through children's literature. It is organised by the Institut français in partnership with the Salon du Livre et de la Presse Jeunesse in Seine-Saint-Denis and the Alliance Française de Paris Ile-de-France.
Each year, the Alliance Française offers French teachers and their students a selection of literary works for young people(illustrated books for 3-7 year olds, novels for 8-14 year olds and comics for 8-16 year olds), teaching tools (sheets and files to accompany the discovery of books and comics in the classroom or in the media library), a communication kit and amediation guide for young people, combining cultural discovery and linguistic work.
Until December 2022, the operation invites students of French in schools abroad, Instituts français and Alliances françaises throughout the world to learn by discovering contemporary French-language literary creation.
It will end with the announcement, at the Salon du Livre et de la Presse Jeunesse 2022, of the "Pépites Internationales" rewarding the children's books in each category (illustrated albums, teen fiction and comics) that have been the most successful in the cultural network thanks to the voting module available onCulturethèque.
Series of videoconferences with authors
As part of the 2022 operation, the Institut français and the Alliance Française de Paris Ile-de-France are offering teachers and their students the opportunity to take part in videoconferences with six authors from the Pépites Internationales 2022 children's literature selection.
Between 19 October and 23 November 2022, classes or groups of learners who have studied works from the selection (in class with their teachers or in the media library with a cultural mediator) will have the opportunity to exchange ideas with the authors via a free and open-access videoconference platform. They will be free to ask all the questions they wish to the children's authors who will attend this privileged audience with their young readers from all over the world.
Which authors are participating in the videoconferences this year?
- Magali Le Huche: author of the graphic novel "Nowhere girl" (Dargaud)
- Stéphane Servant: author of the novel "Miettes (humour décalé)" (Nathan)
- Marion Kadi: author of the children's book "Les Reflets d’Hariett" (Éditions l’agrume)
- Jeanne Macaigne: author of the children's book "Changer d’air" (Les fourmis rouges)
- Adrien Parlange: author of the children's book "Les désastreuses conséquences de la chute d’une goutte de pluie" (Albin Michel)
- Tom Aureille: author of the graphic novel "Le Souffle du Géant" (Sarbacane)
The schedule of sessions is as follows, with the possibility for teachers and their students to take part in discussions with the authors of their choice, within the limits of the places available (for each author, 2 time slots are proposed on the same day, unless specifically mentioned).
To register for one or more sessions, it's simple!
- Go to the Alliance française de Paris website
- Click on the desired session and click on the "register" button
- Create your profile on the AFPIF website
- Update your profile by clicking on the "I am a teacher of French as a Foreign Language" box
- Go back to the pages of the sessions for which you wish to register your class/group and click on "register", your group is now registered for this event!
- Complete and return the online form sent by the AFPIF teams to confirm your participation!
Most popular within the same topic