Culturethèque is a key platform for the network's establishments and provides its readers with tens of thousands of online resources: novels, music, audio books, major titles from the French press, comic books, children's books and self-training modules.
The entire range is available worldwide (outside France). The platform is currently used in 145 countries.
Culturethèque is aimed at a professional audience (network members, foreign education network stakeholders) and the general public (lovers of French and Francophone culture, students of French as a foreign language). Subject to registration with the network's establishments or in partnership with the Institut français, subscribers have free access to quality content.
Culturethèque content is adapted and enhanced for current French cultural events (Fête de la musique, Semaine de la Francophonie, etc.) and major programmes from the Institut français (events, celebrations, etc.). These resources are genuine aids to cultural and linguistic programming for network members.
For nearly 10 years, the Culturethèque platform has been a key element among the network's establishments, meeting three main objectives:
- to make French and Francophone culture accessible to the greatest number of people, to prescribe content;
- to enable the network's institutions to reach a wide audience, new audiences and/or audiences from afar, and to build audience loyalty;
- to offer useful and relevant content for cultural and linguistic activities.
Find out more
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the latest from Culturethèque by subscribing to the Institut français' Culturethèque Whaller Sphere
- Culturethèque, the voice of the network - Travel the world through a series of 6 podcasts discussing 6 initiatives carried out by Alliances Françaises (Peru, Costa Rica), Instituts Français (Bulgaria, Romania, Mali) and Services de Coopération et d'Action Culturelle (Canada), in connection with Culturethèque.